We are proud to be a Montessori home. Montessori uses activities as tools that help create the bridge to reconnect to people who may seem unreachable, and positively contributes to the quality of life for persons living with dementia.
At its core, the Montessori program seeks to validate the identities of the people whom we serve. Learning the back story of people’s lives and incorporating this knowledge into individualized programs and activities that are meaningful and purposeful for them, is our way – the Montessori way – of creating a home like environment, for which we take great pride. Who wouldn’t want their identity validated in a most crucial phase of life.
It is our aim that every one of our staff in all departments is trained in the Montessori Method of Dementia Care, as part of our commitment to serving our seniors with Excellence, Love and Dignity.
• Children’s clothing & newborn baby clothing
• Markers, pencil crayons, dry erase markers
• Non-toxic paint, paint brushes, table easels, canvases
• Watering cans and gardening supplies (e.g. hand rakes, shovels, dirt)
• Sewing needles & yarn (only yarn for TM)
• Simple puzzles
• Sorting activities
• Coffee table style reading/picture books