Summer treats are one of the small pleasures in life and our Radiant Care Residents have definitely been indulging.
Summer treats are one of the small pleasures in life, and our Radiant Care Residents have definitely been indulging. As you can see throughout the gallery below cooling off through the hot summer months really does bring joy. One of the most important things about these little indulgences is the way they bring back such vivid memories of summers past. The act of reminiscing about the sweet tastes of watermelon and roll kuchen, while sipping lemonade, and even enjoying ice cream treats connects the residents to wonderful memories of childhood, or when their children were young.
Here are a few of the highlights from our summer treat times:
- The Rollin’ Watermelon Cart made the rounds to Tabor Manor residents, leaving slurps and smiles in its wake!
- Beach week at Pleasant Manor LTC was also a wonderful highlight which you can read more about by clicking here.
- Residents treated their senses to the tropics with tropical sundaes, tropical mocktails, and sampling of fresh tropical fruits like mango, papaya, pineapple, etc.
- S’mores were enjoyed by all, with some trying s’mores for the first time! You know this ooey gooey/messy treat is always a favourite of summer camp outs.
- Sundae Sundays and peaches and ice cream were another amazing way to cool down.
Check out the gallery below to get a taste for how much joy this brought to all of our residents.
Recent News & Events
Change to LTC Visitation Guidelines
We have again updated the visitation guidelines for our Long-Term Care homes, in accordance with updates from the Ontario government
Spiritual Care During Pandemic
At Radiant Care, we are committed to meeting the spiritual needs of our residents and tenants. This never changes. The COVID-19 pandemic has presented many challenges but it has not changed our vision, mission, and core values. This pandemic helps us realize just how important it is to live out our theme verses in our work, love, and attitude.
Have You Calculated Your Will Power?
Radiant Care joins effort to inspire Canadians to think differently about charitable giving
Beach Week at Pleasant Manor LTC
Last week was filled with reminiscing, game playing, treat having, and excitement! Each day we enjoyed beachy decor in the dinning room, as well as special music played throughout Lunch. Residents requested their favourite beach themed songs throughout.