Summer Treats September 14, 2020
Summer treats are one of the small pleasures in life and our Radiant Care Residents have definitely been indulging.
Summer treats are one of the small pleasures in life, and our Radiant Care Residents have definitely been indulging. As you can see throughout the gallery below cooling off through the hot summer months really does bring joy. One of the most important things about these little indulgences is the way they bring back such vivid memories of summers past. The act of reminiscing about the sweet tastes of watermelon and roll kuchen, while sipping lemonade, and even enjoying ice cream treats connects the residents to wonderful memories of childhood, or when their children were young.
Here are a few of the highlights from our summer treat times:
- The Rollin’ Watermelon Cart made the rounds to Tabor Manor residents, leaving slurps and smiles in its wake!
- Beach week at Pleasant Manor LTC was also a wonderful highlight which you can read more about by clicking here.
- Residents treated their senses to the tropics with tropical sundaes, tropical mocktails, and sampling of fresh tropical fruits like mango, papaya, pineapple, etc.
- S’mores were enjoyed by all, with some trying s’mores for the first time! You know this ooey gooey/messy treat is always a favourite of summer camp outs.
- Sundae Sundays and peaches and ice cream were another amazing way to cool down.
Check out the gallery below to get a taste for how much joy this brought to all of our residents.
Recent News & Events
Radiant Care Fundraiser
Radiant Care recently hosted Coffee Breaks to raise funds for the Alzheimer Society of Niagara.
Radiant Care has the most amazing staff!
Our residents & tenants enjoyed the Christmas season this year, despite the ongoing pandemic
Fruit and Quilts
A wonderful tradition for our Pleasant Manor tenants.